Friday, February 7, 2014

The Great Beauty and A Call for Awesomeness in Dallas

Glasstire- Richard Bailey


Picture by: Paula Newton

The blog layout was very simple and contemporary. I was able to locate the blogs that this artist has posted very easily.

The title of this article is what caught my attention and made me interested the most. I was curious about it when I saw Dallas in the title because Dallas is a main part of who I am and seeing other people's views of a city I grew up around is something that keeps me interested.

This article tells the story of how a movie can reflect the thoughts of an artist. It described that certain scenes within a movie are pieces of real world artwork. I also liked that it described downtown Dallas as a piece of artwork. That you have to look for the "awe" in something to be able to really enjoy it. When you read this article the author explains that how the light gleaming of the buildings cuts through the sky and that this is part of that awe. I thought that it was true. Some people may not notice little things like that but to an artist those are the little details that matter the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment